Our December outing will be an archery lesson at Michiana Archery (50510 State Road 933 North, South Bend, IN) on Saturday, December 10th. No experience is needed: scouts will receive a lesson in how to use archery equipment safely and then do target practice under professional supervision. Each scout can sign up for a 90 minute session.
This event is arranged by the council, so you must sign up individually by filling out this registration form and mailing it in as soon as possible. Make sure to sign the second page and include a check for $25 payable to “Michiana Archery” for each scout. We suggest that you request session 1, 2, or 3, so that Pack 10 is more likely to be in the same session. Space is limited, so sign up right away!
Popcorn sales support pack activities throughout the year. We ask every scout in grades 1-5 to contribute by selling some popcorn. (Lion scouts do not do fundraising.) If a scout sells more than $250, we will waive the $50 cost for the scout to participate in the spring outing to the USS Silversides. (A paying parent will still need to attend with the scout.)
To sell popcorn door to door:
- Use the popcorn sales form handed out at the pack meeting, or print one out here.
- Practice a simple sales pitch: “Hello, I’m selling popcorn so I can go camping with my Cub Scout pack. Would you like to see the choices?” Smile and say please and thank you. Wear a uniform, it helps!
- Parents, accompany your scout from a distance, but let him do the talking. Remind him to wait outside if the customer needs to fetch a checkbook. To take an order, write it down on the order sheet and collect a check payable to “Cub Scout Pack 10”.
- Return the form and collected checks to the pack treasurer, Rick Thyen, 52357 Brendon Hills Drive, Granger IN 46530, no later than October 17th.
To sell popcorn online:
- Go to http://sell.trails-end.com
- Select “Online Selling”
- Select “Register” in the top right. (Unless you already have a user name)
- Create an account.
- Enter zip code 46530 and unit 10. Select “Pack 010, St Pius X Catholic Church” This will set you up with a personal page and unique “Scout Code” for your scout.
- Have your son personalize the site with a few sentences and a picture, set a sales goal, then share the site with friends and family. All online sales must be completed by October 21st and are collected automatically.
We are off to a fun new year of scouting! We had a great turnout of new people at our first pack meeting. Please give us a few days to sort through the paperwork and get everyone added to the mailing list. Your den leader will contact you shortly to set up the first den meetings.
If you were unable to come to the first meeting, it’s no problem, you can still join up. Here is what you need to do:
- Read the Pack 10 Info Sheet and Schedule
- New scouts should fill out a New Scout Application and bring it to the Sep 26 pack meeting.
- Pay dues of $50 by check made out to “Cub Scout Pack 10” and bring to the Sep 26 pack meeting.
- Sign up for the Pack 10 Mailing List
- Come to the Family Bike Outing on Sep 18th
- Print out a Popcorn Sales Form
- Visit the Scout Shop to purchase a Cub Scout book, uniform shirt, and neckerchief. (The staff there will be happy to help you find the right items for your son’s age.)
If you have any questions that weren’t answered at the kickoff, contact Douglas Thain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Join Cub Scout Pack 10 for fun, friends, and adventure!
Our scouts go camping, biking, hiking, climbing, fishing, and more. Every month, we have a pack meeting (large group), den meetings (small groups), and at least one outing. Boys learn about character, citizenship, and their community through fun activities All boys in grades K-5 are welcome to join — it doesn’t matter what school or church you attend.
To join up, come to our first pack meeting of the school year, Monday, August 29th, 2016 at 6:30 PM in the auxiliary gym of St. Pius X Catholic Church, 52553 Fir Rd, Granger, IN 46530. (Or contact Douglas Thain (email@example.com) to join up any other time of the year.)
Dues are $50/year, which includes membership in the national BSA organization, participation in all den and pack meetings, all badges and awards earned, the Pinewood Derby, and the Blue & Gold Banquet. Some of our larger monthly outings (like camping or climbing) have an additional cost.