Popcorn sales support pack activities throughout the year. We ask every scout in grades 1-5 to contribute by selling some amount of popcorn. (Lion scouts are not required to do fundraising.) In addition, if a scout sells more than $250, the pack will give the scout a $50 credit toward the spring outing. Previous spring outings included camping out on a submarine (2016) and at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo (2017).
To sell popcorn door to door:
- Use the popcorn sales form handed out at the pack meeting, or print out this order form and product guide at home.
- Practice a simple sales pitch: “Hello, I’m selling popcorn so I can go camping with my Cub Scout pack. Would you like to see the choices?” Smile and say please and thank you. Wear the uniform!
- To take an order, write it down on the order sheet and collect cash or a check payable to “Cub Scout Pack 10”. (Please don’t take an order without payment!)
- Parents, accompany your scout from a distance, but let him do the talking. Remind him to wait outside if the customer needs to fetch a checkbook.
- Return the form and all payments to the pack treasurer, Rick Thyen, 52357 Brendon Hills Drive, Granger IN 46530, no later than Friday, October 12th.
To sell popcorn online:
- Go to http://sell.trails-end.com
- Select “Online Selling”
- Select “Register” in the top right. (Unless you already have a user name)
- Create an account as “Parent on behalf of Scout”
- For unit selection, pick Lasalle Council, Algonquian District, Pack 010.
- Have your son personalize the site with a few sentences and a picture, set a sales goal, then share the site with friends and family. All online sales must be completed by Friday, October 19th and are collected automatically.