Popcorn sales support pack activities throughout the year. We ask every scout in grades 1-5 to contribute by selling some amount of popcorn. (Lion scouts are not required to do fundraising.) In addition, if a scout sells more than $250, Pack 10 will waive the cost for the scout to participate in the spring outing to Kalamazoo. (A paying parent will still need to attend with the scout.)
To sell popcorn door to door:
- Use the popcorn sales form handed out at the pack meeting, or print out this order form and product guide and prize sheet.
- Practice a simple sales pitch: “Hello, I’m selling popcorn so I can go camping with my Cub Scout pack. Would you like to see the choices?” Smile and say please and thank you. Wear a uniform, it helps!
- To take an order, write it down on the order sheet and collect cash or a check payable to “Cub Scout Pack 10”. (Please don’t take an order without payment!)
- Parents, accompany your scout from a distance, but let him do the talking. Remind him to wait outside if the customer needs to fetch a checkbook.
- Return the form and all payments to the pack treasurer, Rick Thyen, 52357 Brendon Hills Drive, Granger IN 46530, no later than Friday, October 13th.
To sell popcorn online:
- Go to http://sell.trails-end.com
- Select “Online Selling”
- Select “Register” in the top right. (Unless you already have a user name)
- Create an account.
- Enter zip code 46530 and unit 10. Select “Pack 010, St Pius X Catholic Church” This will set you up with a personal page and unique “Scout Code” for your scout.
- Have your son personalize the site with a few sentences and a picture, set a sales goal, then share the site with friends and family. All online sales must be completed by Friday, October 20th and are collected automatically.